Thursday, August 30, 2007

Lily's Arrival is SOON to come

This will be my last update before Lily gets here!! I had one of my appointments today and was at the office for almost 3 hours. They didn't like how Lily was responding this morning (her heartrate would drop everytime she moved instead of increase) so they sent me for a BPP (biophysical profile) which basically means an ultrasound where they take a bunch of measurements to see everything is ok. Lily passed that, so that is good. They checked me to see if I am progressing and basically (I am starting to dilate and am about 70% effaced and Lily has dropped down into my pelvis). After my midwife had compiled all this information she consulted with the on-call doctor and they really want to wait until I am 37 weeks to induce. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday. They don't do inductions over the weekend and they don't do inductions on holidays.....so the next possible date is September 4th (Tuesday of next week). So, that's the official word. I will be induced on Tuesday morning unless things progress on their own before then.

This week has been a very hard week on me emotionally and physically. The itching is progressively getting worse which doesn't seem possible. So I get little or no sleep at night and it is too hot during the day to get a nap in. Exhaustion seems to be setting in so I am praying for one at least one good night of sleep between now and Tuesday as I know that will be a long day. There is still a risk that Lily might not be quite ready to be out of my nice incubator but they don't want to take any chances with my current condition either. My midwife was encouraged though that I have been consistently measuring ahead for over a month now. I measured 39 weeks today so she said that is a good sign.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to know what is going on. Please keep our family in your prayers. We are very excited but anxious as well. At least I get to plan things a little better instead of just playing the waiting game. Josh will let you know the news as soon as he can get to a computer!! Thank you for all your support and encouragement and I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi... I hope you saw my last comment before! That is so funny! September the 4th was when I had my C-section to have Davis. I was also 37 weeks. I was 37 weeks that Friday and they did my C-section on Sunday. :) How ironic that we have so much in common! They did do an amneo. on me that Sat. to make sure his lungs were ready -- I guess little boys lungs develop last! :) I will keep you and your family in my prayers! I am so happy for you! :)