Thursday, August 9, 2007

Update and Prayer Request...

As you all know, I am pregnant and due in about 6 weeks or so. This pregnancy has gone pretty well with no real problems. However, on Tuesday night Josh and I had just finished a class at the hospital and were on our way home. I noticed that I had been having an awful lot of contractions. I had not been timing them so I wasn't sure how many and how frequent they were. At about 9:30 I started keeping track. What started out as contractions every 5-8 minutes progressed quickly to every 2-3 minutes. I recorded these contractions for about 1 hour. I had 16 in one hour and they were lasting about 30 seconds each time. Anyway, we called the midwife and she asked me to come in the Labor and Delivery to make sure that I was not dilating.

After they checked and found out I was thankfully not dilating they gave me two shots of terbutaline (a medicine that stops contractions). Since, I am just at 34 weeks pregnant they did not want to let me progress too far because Lily is not ready to be out of the "oven" yet.

Since then I have been resting a lot and trying to make sure the contractions do not come back. If this had happened a few more weeks from now, I think that they would have let my body lead itself into labor, but just not yet. So, please pray that Lily will hang tight for a few more weeks at least. Josh and I are really excited for her to be here, but we definitely want her to wait so she will not have to stay in the neonatal intensive care unit.

Thank you for all your support and encouragement during this time. After that visit to the hospital I can guarantee you that I am not quite ready to be going through labor!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Cuthbertson said...

CA! You look beautiful. I will be praying for you, and I'm so thankful that they were able to stop the contractions. Sounds like Lily's going to be a busy girl, with places to go and people to see! Both of mine are that way, and they certainly keep me busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Keep us posted!