Friday, February 27, 2009

A little scare but in the clear

This past weekend I woke up feeling pretty yucky. I just thought nothing of it and went about eating breakfast and hanging out with Josh and Lily for the morning. After eating I felt really nauseous. I have an intense phobia of throwing up so I knew I would be in for a long day of feeling "green." I thought if Josh, Lily and I went out that I could possible stave off the sick feeling I had but right before we left the house I started throwing up. Poor Lily had followed me into the bathroom at that point and was watching me lose my breakfast. I thought it was possible that I had just eaten something that didn't settle right so we went to the store and got ready to go to our friend's little boy's 1st birthday party. I chose not to eat lunch but by the time we got to the party I was starving. So, I ate a couple of chips and drank some coke. Well, it was only about 30 minutes later before I told Josh we had to leave. We didn't even make it home before we had to pull over to the side of the road fo rme to lose it again. After getting home and putting Lily to bed I knew that I was severely dehydrated and the contractions started at that point. Experience with my first pregnancy and preterm contractions I knew that the dehydration was the problem and since I couldn't keep anything in me I called the on-call dr who told me to go into Labor and Delivery.

My mom met up with me there and waited while they pumped a few bags of fluid into me and some anti-nausea medicine as well. The nurse also had trouble establishing an IV so after 3 attempts and a few veins the needle went into and then back out of I finally was getting rehydrated. The contactions stopped after that point and besides being tired and worn out things were much better.

So, Davis seems to be fine and healthy. I am feeling tons better now too. Just wanted to fill anyone who was wondering in on what happened last weekend. I am guessing it was a bug but luckily neither Josh nor Lily got what I had.

Have a great weekend and for my fellow Georgians enjoy the rain and possibly snow!!

1 comment:

EMU said...

Yikes, girl! Glad you are feeling better.