Sunday, January 23, 2011

Josh's Weight Loss- 7 Days In

Purpose of this post:

1. What did I eat

2. Workout schedule

3. Discovery/Future Strategy

4. Show updated pics


1. What did I eat:

I decided to keep track of my food intake for the past week just to see if I thought I was eating too much, so here we go: 3 bananas, 4 apples, a serving of broccoli, 2 servings of bar-b-que pork, turkey soup, 5 servings of chicken and rice, 4 protein shakes, 6 eggs and cheese, 3 servings of black beans, a salad, a taco salad, 3 tacos, 3 grilled chicken breasts, a bacon egg and cheese sandwich, half a bag of doritos (I had a moment of weakness with the spicy and sweet purple bag kind), a serving of grits, two servings of beef lo mien, a zucchini, a yellow squash, two servings of roasted potatoes, a bagel with peanut butter, a grilled chicken sandwich and a molten brownie dessert (more on this last item later).

2. Workout schedule:

I got a workout in tuesday, thursday and friday morning for roughly 40 minutes each. I warmed up with about a 1/4 mile jog and mixed cardio in with my weight training. Over these three days, I pretty much worked out every muscle group and got in about 2000 total jumps on a jump rope. I'll aim for roughly 2,500 jumps on a jump rope this week (or a little more than 600 per workout). I can already tell a difference in the mirror with my muscle tone.

3. Discovery:

Even after a significant decrease in my calorie consumption, I am still eating a ton of food. I have discovered in previous weight loss ventures that my most critical hours are those just after dinner until bed. It was often that I would consume as many calories during that time as I would during my evening meal. So in order combat that I decided to focus on one thing and that was not snacking after dinner. Within reason, I did not exercise any portion control during my dinner with the amount of food I would eat...that will come later...for two reasons. 1) So I devote all mental energy on no after dinner snacking and 2) to fill my belly so I wouldn't want more food later. So far 7 nights equals 7 victories. Now to the issue of dessert: I still wanted to remain as normal as I could, I decided to allow myself one planned dessert per week. This would allow me to resemble a more realistic eating schedule and allow me to enjoy time with friends or family on the weekends when we normally hang out. My biggest victory of the week was at board game night over at a friend’s house. He bought a huge tub of two bite brownies (110 calories each) from Costco. Where I have been known to pop 20 or 30 of those in an evening, I didn't eat a single one. I didn't plan for it, so I didn't eat it. Wish I could say the same for the doritos he had at the house.

4. Pics

6 lbs in 7 days. I’ll include the graph next week, but I’m ahead of pace, so I am happy with that.

Upcoming Posts:

The Restaurant Dilemma, Creating the New Normal













No comments: