Monday, May 11, 2009

20 months and Davis' Mother's day dedication

Lily is 20 months old and she is a firecracker. A lot of people have been asking me how Lily has been handling being a big sister and honestly I can't complain. She tries to be very helpful by bringing me wipes, diapers, shhshing him, patting him, kissing him, etc. The only real "jealousy" I have seen from her is in response to Josh holding Davis. My daddy's girl doesn't want Daddy to hold her brother. Lily still doesn't seem to care that I am holding him for the most part. If she does want me to deal with her she will "tell" me where to put Davis, for instance she will pat the bouncy seat and pat Davis telling me that I need to put him down. It is actually pretty cute. She is patient though too when I tell her that I take care of Davis for a minute and then I will put him down and play with her.
Lily has gotten a lot more words here recently and she loves doing her animal sounds. Her favorite animal sound is the elephant. Honestly I can't really even do the elephant sound but Josh taught her how to blow through her lips to make the noise. It surprises me how many elephant pictures and toys there are around. Just when you think you are in the clear and there couldn't possibly be any elephants Lily manages to find one. One time Lily was reading a book about puppies and bedtime and she starts making the elephant noise. I tried to assure her there were no elephants in that book. I mean it is a book about puppies. She insists that there is one, so I take a look and sure enough the little puppy is reading a book and on the page in the book that it is on there is a very small picture of an elephant. WOW. How does she find those things?!?
Davis is doing well. We are having a few bumps this past week and weekend. For some reason Davis is super gassy and has started to spit up what I feed him almost immediately after I feed him. I have tried to think about what I could be eating that might make him that way and I am not sure. I am not consistent with what I eat so it is really hard to tell what might be the problem. I even resorted to not drinking coke to see if that was the problem and he is still having the problem, so...... if you have any ideas about what the problem might be I am all ears.
So because of his tummy woes he is a little fussier than he was before but I am optomistic that once I figure out what is going on he will be a happier little man. We celebrated my 2nd Mother's Day the same way we celebrated my 1st Mother's Day......Baby Dedication at our church. We dedicated Davis at church yesterday and big sister Lily participated. Last year we dedicated Lily on Mother's Day. We didn't get a whole family picture but we got one of Davis and I after the service.
Here are a few recent pictures to enjoy.....







2 comments:

Jared and Kim said...

You look GREAT!!!!!!!! It's so cute how Lily is adjusting to her new brother....I love it! ;) I think he looks like Lily! We dedicated Caleb on Sunday as well...what a great day! :)

The Gadds said...

I am so glad to hear everything is going smooth as it can. Isn't it sweet to watch them interact. It is one of the biggest blessing to having number two, and it only gets better. Glad to hear that Lily is taking to sharing you guys so well. Take care.