Sunday, March 30, 2008

Springtime in Auburn

This past week there were a few days that were just gorgeous. Lily and I didn't miss the opportunity to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. Before I forget, at her last appointment her stats were: weight: 19 lbs 1 oz (94%) Length: 27in (88%) Head circumference: 18in (99%).

Lily has made some huge developmental steps this past week or so. She is now totally unswaddled and sleeping pretty well (a big improvment over the last 2 months). She is getting up on her knees and rocking back and forth. I feel sure she is going to crawl any day now. She is doing some self feeding of some biter buscuits and puffs. She seems to really like that. She is still learning how to drink from a sippy cup. She has eaten her first meat this week which I thought was disgusting (chicken and chicken gravy). It looked and smelled like dog food.

We have had a lot of fun these past few weeks. When we go to the grocery store she is sitting in the front of the cart and loving it. When we go to restaurants she is sitting in the high chairs and doing great with that as well. I love that she is becoming more independent and seems to be enjoying life so much more. She loves d0gs. Timber and Campbell have the unique ability of making Lily giggle a lot. A friend of ours has a boxer and she got to play with him yesterday and she loved it.

We lowered Lily's crib today so that when she starts pulling up she won't be able to fall over the top of the crib. We are also working on childproofing our house. I am sure I will find things to childproof as she gets into them. For now Josh is fixing our railing so that she cannot fall through the bars.

Josh and I are doing well. Josh's spring break is coming up next week. We don't have any big plans although I really wanted to go somewhere. We might just go to Six Flags for the day or something. I am loving the spring weather and the ability to be outside in the fresh air with Lily a lot more. I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful trees and blossoms everywhere, I know I am.

Take a look at some recent pictures of Lily:









2 comments:

Meredith said...

Thanks, Josh, for the encouragement! How are you guys?! Hope you all are doing well. That Baby Lily is SO sweet and GORGEOUS!!! I know you and Carrie Anne are incredibly proud of her! She's precious. So good to hear from you - hope y'all have a wonderful week!
Meredith

The Parkers said...

how sweet is she!