Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happy Half Birthday to Lily!

I guess at this point I seem to only post once a month. That's better than once a year I suppose. This last month has been harder than previous months it seems like. I don't know what is going on with Lily but she has been challenging me everyday. I finally got her out of her swaddle which was no easy feat. She has been swaddled since 8 weeks old and was sleeping like a champ. As she has gotten bigger and stronger she was "breaking free" from her swaddle at night and then couldn't go back to sleep without being reswaddled. So, like a good mommy I would go in there at every hour of the night and reswaddle her. I had tried multiple times to put her down unswaddled but was unsuccessful. Finally, one day for a nap I just wrapped the bottom half of her. It took a solid week for her to really sleep without immediately waking up and crying. So, the swaddle is gone but we are still having night issues. Everyone keeps telling me this is a phase, I am just hoping the phase doesn't last until she is 18!


Lily has been eating solid foods so well. She has tried as many veggies and fruits as I have been able to provide. She has tried green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, avacados, bananas, peaches, pears, rice cereal and oatmeal. She seems to LOVE rice cereal and squash. The rest of them she doesn't seem to mind too much but she doesn't attack the spoon either like she does with the rice cereal and the squash.

She is sitting pretty solid these days. She only topples over when she is trying to reach for something and forgets she is sitting. I think crawling for her is right around the corner.....when she is on her belly she "swims" as well as pushes up on her toes to lunge forward. I am definitely ready for her to start moving because I really think she will be so much happier if she were able to do things a little more independently.


We have her 6 month appointment tomorrow where she will get another set of shots and get weighed, etc.....so I will update the blog after I get those statistics.


Thanks for reading this far if you did. Keep in touch. And as always, check out some of the pictures we have taken of Lily recently.....
Eating squash in my high chair!


I love to go running with daddy!

This was daddy's attempt at putting me in a carrier.....I sure look silly.
This is what happens when daddy dresses me. It's a good thing mommy dresses me most days.
Grammy and Grampy came to visit before the went square dancing.
I love to nap in my big girl carseat!

Mommy's 6 month photo shoot...






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know why she is having sleeping issues at night. She has obviously gotten her priorities out of whack. This is evidenced by her love of squash. No one is suppossed to love squash. It's one of those evil foods that your parents use to punish you. I'm going to venture a hypothesis and say that squash probably didn't even come into existence until after the curse. So give her a little time. Once she sees the dangers of what she's eating she'll realize that she might have a few other things turned around in life as well. After that, she'll be sleeping like a champ.

Anonymous said...

So fun to see how Lily is growing. She is a gorgeous baby. Don't worry on the phases....there are many more to come!! Wait until the one where she picks up her food and throws it!! Fun times!! Enjoy every second!
We miss you here at PHS.
Take care

Anonymous said...

So fun to see how Lily is growing. She is a gorgeous baby. Don't worry on the phases....there are many more to come!! Wait until the one where she picks up her food and throws it!! Fun times!! Enjoy every second!
We miss you here at PHS.
Take care