Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Surgery

Davis went in for surgery on Dec 7th. I wasn't nervous until that actual day. I had no idea how it would all go. His surgery was scheduled for 11:30am. I was kinda nervous about that because poor Davis was not going to be able to eat anything until after his surgery and that is a long time for a little one to go without food. Luckily I was able to do clear liquids until 8am so he got a breakfast of juice and jello! Josh took the day off and helped me with Lily so I could take Davis to the hospital. We drove down and got there on time, but when I was trying to find a parking space I couldn't. The entire parking deck was FULL, but for some reason they let you drive in anyway not knowing that there were zero spaces. So I wasted probably 15 minutes trying to find a spot. I was not able to find one so I drove out to the pay booth and asked the attendant where I could park if the deck was full. She told me that there was valet parking across the street. I informed her that I did not come prepared with cash to pay a valet. I was getting anxious and upset because I was late now in getting Davis to his surgery. I started to cry, the parking attendant felt sorry for me I guess because she had me park in some reserved spaces there. We made it upstairs to the surgery center and got checked in. Davis ended up getting into surgery around noon. They had given him some sedative to help him get drowsy and calm before they took him back, but the opposite happened. He got wound up, but he was wobbly. When they came to take him away he was wide away but altered. They let me walk him back to the OR doors where at that point I had to hand him off. It was awful. He freaked out and you could hear him even after the doors closed. I became a basket case but thankfully got to wait in our private room instead of having to go back into the large waiting room.

They came back about 45 minutes later and let me know that he was out of surgery and that it all went well. I still didn't see him for another 3o minutes or so. They finally brought him in and you could tell he wasn't feeling great. He sat in my lap for another 30+ mins before they finally discharged him. We won't find out the results until Friday or Monday. After we left the hospital and I was able to give him some food, Davis was back to his old self!

Here are some pictures from the adventure we had!










No comments: