Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A series of events.....

1. Haiti earthquakes - tons of help, prayers, money needed
2. My lack of money but STRONG desire to help somehow and a subsequent prayer that God would allow me to help.
3. A Facebook status from AccessAtlanta asking for nominations for Nurse of The Year.
4. Nominating a very special nurse in my life for the award
5. Wondering if said nurse had a Facebook page so I could connect with her.
6. Finding said Facebook page of nominated nurse and "friend requesting" her.
7. Simultaneously seeing a friends Facebook status that posted a name and number to contact if you were a Dr. or nurse that wanted a free plane trip to Haiti to help with relief.
8. Deciding to repost my friends status as my status.
9. Getting no response that anyone saw it or cared, feeling a little silly that I posted it.
10. Nurse friend accepted friend request about the time I posted the free plane ride status.

OUTCOME: My nurse friend informs me that her church had organized a team of Dr.'s and R.N.'s to go to Haiti to help but had no way of getting there as there were limited flights entering and leaving the area. Upon seeing the number and name I posted she passed it along to the leader of the group and they were able to call and get on a flight the very next day to Haiti (not even 5 days after the earthquake first occurred).

I am so grateful that God allowed me to play a very small part in assisting a country that is in so much need. Sometimes it is more than money that is needed. It is prayer and willingness to help in anyway that presents itself. I am just feeling blessed to know that there are Dr.'s and nurses there in Haiti and that I had a role in helping them get there (no matter how small a role that is).

What series of events has God allowed you to be a part of??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a neat story...who was the nurse? Do I know her?

love the new blog design! I love having a 3 column blog and have often thought of doing 2 columns on the right hand side. Where did you get your template?

Hope you guys are well! Thanks for being the 2st to sign up for the giveaway~

CarrieMarie said...

Hi - randomly stopped by from the "next blog" option, and wanted to say I love this story! God is sooooo good, and works in more ways than we can even imagine! : )