Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Christmas Baby!!

I know this post is a little late but I guess it is better late than never. My mom bought Lily a really cute Christmas dress and we didn't really have much of a chance for her to wear it but we did manage to get her in it a few times before Christmas was past. She wore this dress to sit on Santa's lap at the mall. The experience for her was a bit traumatic. A little humorous but Lily was definitely mad that it happened at all. I do have a picture of it but I will have to scan it. We also put her in this dress to take her to church one Sunday. She was a hit in the nursery, lots of swooning and ooohs and ahhhhs. She knew she was cute and strutted her stuff the whole time. 

We had a great Christmas and New Years this year. Christmas was fun. My brother and his girlfriend flew in from California for about a week. My brother, Chris, graduated with his Ph.D. in Astronomy (astrophysics) or something like that. I went to his graduation at the Georgia Dome of all the humongous places to have graduation. Lily was a bit unsure of her uncle. She definitely spent a good amount of time eyeing him and studying what he was about. I guess she takes a little bit to warm up to some people. We had a little dinner celebration for my brother's graduation as well as his birthday and Christmas since he and his girlfriend were not going to be in town on Christmas day. We had the little shindig here at our house which is always fun. 

Josh, Lily and I celebrated Christmas at home a little early this year. We have started the tradition in our family to only get three gifts for each person (3 for Josh, 3 for CA and 3 for Lily). I got this idea from a lady at our church and thought it was great. When Jesus was born (which of course is the reason we celebrate Christmas to begin with) three gifts were presented to Jesus from the three Magi (Gifts of the Magi). I thought that this would help us refocus what the holiday is really about as well as keep our bank accounts in check and our priorities in order. It is so easy to get caught up in the excitment of presents and gifts and I just want to make sure that Josh and I do a good job of teaching Lily the real meaning of Christmas and not just that you get cool presents. That doesn't mean she didn't get cool presents though. 

Lily's Presents: 

Little Leaps Game System for babies 
Cabbage Patch newborn doll

 

Stroller for her new doll

CA's presents: 

Shiatsu back massaging chair cushion
 Homedics  Shiatsu Massage Cushion (SBM-200H)

1 Hour massage from Massage Envy
 

  Astronaut Ice Cream (3 packs)
 

Josh's Presents: 

GPS portable navigation system
Cobra NavOne 5000 - Automotive GPS receiver - LCD - 320 x 240 - color
Set of 3 Santoku Wolfgang Puck knives with cutting board and subscripton to Gourmet Chef magazine (all one gift from HSN).

Ear candles (long story that I will have to share later).
 

Lily of course got a bunch of stuff from Grammy and Nana here are some highlights (her favorites after a few weeks of play): Horton her Huge sit-on stuffed elephant, Elmo See and Say, Little Tykes Kitchen with play food and tons more. (The grandparents don't follow the same three present rule that we will at our house).

We celebrated Christmas day at Uncle Jay and Katie's house down in East Point with Josh's parents (Grammy and Grampy) and Josh's grandfather (GPops). We had Christmas breakfast and opened lots of presents. Lily ended up being EXHAUSTED from the morning's activities and gifts. We went over to my parents condo after being in East Point and had a good time with my mom and dad (Nana and Papa). With as much fun as Christmas was I was also so glad when it was over. We were all very tired. Lily and I loved having Josh home for Christmas and New Years. 

New Year's this year was very uneventful for us. Josh and I were actually in bed asleep before midnight. We didn't even stay up to watch the peach drop or anything. Lily was of course out like a light too. These past weeks have been fun and tiring and I am glad to be getting things back to normal meaning back into our routine. 

Sorry this post is so long but there was a lot to update on I guess. I wish I had done it sooner but even the thought of posting seemed overwhelming the past few weeks. 

Davis (baby in the belly) is doing great. He is moving a little more now but is still seeming to be much calmer than Lily ever was in utero. We had an appointment on Friday and everything looks great so far and I am not having any signs of the itching (Cholestasis) that I had last time although it didn't show up until about 32 weeks last time either. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and I keep wishing the time would go as slow as possible =). 

Happy New Year!! With Love from the Rowans.













1 comment:

Shannon said...

I LOVE astronaut ice cream!!!

I sent you a blog invite. Let me know if you need it sent to a different email address than the one on facebook!